Saturday, March 10, 2012

Meet our Newest Chicks!

We purchased a few new breeds to had to our hen house this year.  They were all born the last week of February so they are about 1-2 weeks old now.  Pictures were taking during their first few days.


Our Silver Laced Wyandotte

What she should like like as an adult

I love the lacing on these birds!


Our Gold Laced Wyandotte

What she should look like as an adult
Not sure I am crazy about the pea comb, but oh well...

Our Ameracauna
Well, Ameracauna girls are known for ending up as all different colors and patterns so I don't have an adult picture of her.  I am hoping that she turns out to me a lighter red and brown so we have some more color in the coop.  I mostly bought her though to change up the egg color a bit. I am hoping for a blue or green egg layer.

No comments:

Post a Comment